Disclaimer: These are my views and do not reflect the views of the Peace Corps.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Miner's Coffee and Chamber Pots



Some days are classier than others. Yesterday being the latter. My french press broke while I was shaking it to dry it and the handle snapped off (brilliant right?). So I poured some grounds into a cup and poured water over it to start my day. I'd woken up the night before and used my chamber pot, which was sitting under my bed. I told myself that I'd empty it right away, but then the oatmeal and pop-songs, that make up my morning routine, cleared any thoughts of cleanliness from my mind and I biked off to school to begin my eight hour teaching day. I came home from school, had some lunch, and took a nap in my room, but I just couldn't bring myself to walk the pot downstairs to the bathroom and empty it out. So it sat there. I know, it's gross. At this point I was embarrassed to walk it past my host family, thinking they would assume that I used it during the day, which I did later, because I was too lazy to go downstairs. Haha, I'm hoping today is a bit classier.




Here's a picture from last weekend. I went on vacation to a mostly deserted island a few kilos off the Cambodian coast, and got to hang out with other Peace Corps volunteers. It was so nice to swim around in the ocean and to just speak some English. There are some really great people here too, and it's nice to start to get to know them a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers