Disclaimer: These are my views and do not reflect the views of the Peace Corps.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm back in the provincial town that has internet...

Hey everyone, my last message got cut off. We had to move out to our training site. I'm living with a host family that speaks almost exclusively Khmer and learning to shower, do laundry, and use the squatty potty without running water. Today is my day off, they work us 6 days a week at least 8 hours a day, so it's been a bit intense. After work yesterday a group of us went and played soccer with some of the locals. It was really fun! I scored a goal and had two assists! Funniest moment so far: I was sitting down right after dinner and my kmouy srye (niece) Nita, who's about a year old, (and who's been scared of me this whole time) starts doing laps around me. She continues to run around me in circles, stopping occasionally to smile at me briefly, and then continues. This lasted for about 15 minutes. Later that night, we danced to Khmer tunes upstairs. Today, a few of my friends and I biked to the bigger city (14 km ) to get online for a bit and relax. Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers