Disclaimer: These are my views and do not reflect the views of the Peace Corps.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

New site!

So, i've got some news. Today I found out that I am going to be living in Kompong Speu (I think that's how it's spelled...) It's a new province i.e. it's never had Peace Corps volunteers in it before. I am heading out to visit it tomorrow and with any luck to meet my new host family. This will be the place I will be living the next two years. It sounds pretty rural. I'll post an update once I do some investigating and figure out what it's going to be like. I am still technically in training for three more weeks, and my swear in date is September 23rd. Then, I become an official volunteer. The swear in is going to be a bit of a media event this year because the prime minister is going to be there. I doubt you'll see it on the news in the states, but if anyone does let me know (that would be kind of cool, and let's be honest i'm doing this for the publicity :) jk). I'll try and update sometime soon, the internet here is obnoxiously slow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers